Nick Cordero Opens His Eyes After a Month in Coma Amid Coronavirus Battle

Nick Cordero Opens His Eyes After a Month in Coma Amid Coronavirus Battle
Instagram

The ‘Bullets Over Broadway’ star has finally opened his eyes as his progress is looking good and now the doctors just need for ‘the mental status to kick in.’

AceShowbizNick Cordero is making good progress on the road to recovery after more than a month in a coma amid his lengthy battle with Covid-19, according to wife Amanda Kloots.

The “Rock of Ages” star was admitted to the intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California at the beginning of April 2020. He was first hospitalised for pneumonia and then tested positive for the coronavirus.

His health scare resulted in him having one of his legs amputated and a temporary pacemaker fitted due to an irregular heartbeat, and Amanda has been updating fans on his progress on Instagram.

The star has since been taken off a ventilator and, on Monday, April 4, 2020, the fitness guru said that doctors believe the Broadway star is making “good progress” following a tracheostomy procedure last week.

“The doctors say Nick is looking good. His settings on everything are getting better, so he says that there’s good progress,” she shared. “And now we just need him to wake up.”

She continued, “His eyes are opening up but they’re not connected to anything right now. So we just need them to connect to something.”

Amanda went on to say she’s been talking to other people who’ve had loved ones recover from coronavirus to “get an idea of the mindset of when they wake up out of a coma and what they remember.”

“One of the things they said is that the first step is that the eyes open. The second step is that the eyeballs sort of track (movement),” she told her followers. “We are at eyes open, which is great. We just need, like, the mental status to kick in.”

You can share this post!

Related Posts